Cash Cash to headline Heatwave concert

<p>EDM group Cash Cash just released its first full-length album&nbsp;and has&nbsp;provided&nbsp;remixes for acts like Katy Perry, Bruno Mars and Capitol Cities.&nbsp;</p>

EDM group Cash Cash just released its first full-length album and has provided remixes for acts like Katy Perry, Bruno Mars and Capitol Cities. 

Duke University Union Campus Concerts' Heatwave concert this year will feature electronic dance music group Cash Cash as the headliner.

Cash Cash just released a their first full-length album called “Blood, Sweat and 3 Years,” which includes collaborations with Christina Perri and John Rzeznik from the Goo Goo Dolls and premiered at number one on the iTunes dance charts. The group’s biggest hit to date is “Take Me Home”—a song that senior David Soled, president of Duke University Union Campus Concerts, said has been “a Duke staple.”

“[The album name] correlates to our careers at Duke, because over the past three years and more, we've put a lot of blood and sweat into it,” he said.

The group's other poplar songs include "How to Love" and "Millionaire" featuring Nelly.

Soled noted that he believes EDM artists work best for the Heatwave concert because of the high-energy productions these groups put on.

DUU has allocated additional money to production costs, he said, noting that Cash Cash will perform with the additional performance enhancers that they have at their other shows.

“We really wanted to make it a fun show,” Soled said. “It’s the freshmen’s first take of the Duke social scene.”

The concert's location has changed multiple times in recent years. Last year’s concert took place in the Blue Zone parking lot due to various construction projects taking place in other parts of campus. Prior to that, the concert was held at the Keohane Amphitheater, and in the past, it has also happened on the main quadrangle on West Campus.

This year, Heatwave will take place September 2 at 8:30 p.m. on Abele Quadrangle.

Another focus of the day will be bringing the seniors’ Heatwave concert experiences full circle. In addition to placing a special emphasis on the fact that this will be the seniors’ last beginning of the year concert, Heatwave will also return to the Abele Quadrangle for the first time since the current seniors’ freshman year, Soled said.

He explained that this was purposely done to coincide with an opening party for the newly-renovated West Union, which will occur the same day.

“Having them right next to each other makes sense,” Soled said. “It’s a natural build-up that way.”

DUU Campus Concerts is hoping for their biggest turnout in concert attendees ever due to Abele Quadrangle’s central location.

“The main quad is going to bring in huge numbers,” Soled said.

Share and discuss “Cash Cash to headline Heatwave concert” on social media.