Nike reveals new red, white and blue Kyrie 2 shoe ahead of Olympics

In addition to revealing the new USA basketball jerseys Monday ahead of the Olympics in August, Nike revealed a new signature shoe for recently-crowned NBA champion Kyrie Irving.

The 2014 FIBA World Cup MVP will be making his Olympic debut in August in Rio de Janeiro for Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski. Toronto point guard Kyle Lowry is the only other point guard on the roster, giving Irving a good chance to start after helping the Cleveland Cavaliers erase a 3-1 deficit in the NBA Finals.Irving will wear No. 10 during the Olympics—he wears No. 2 in the NBA—and will likely don the new red, white and blue Kyrie 2 sneakers, which will hit stores in North America July 18.

Nike also unveiled a limited edition "Ky-rispy Kreme" Kyrie 2 in early May that was sold in boxes similar to those used by the doughnut company Krispy Kreme.

Although the Olympic roster had been reported by multiple sources ahead of time, it was finalized Monday. Lowry, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler, DeMar DeRozan, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George, Draymond Green, Harrison Barnes, DeMarcus Cousins and DeAndre Jordan make up the rest of the roster.

Anthony is the veteran in the group and will become the first player ever to play for USA Basketball four times in the Olympics.

Share and discuss “Nike reveals new red, white and blue Kyrie 2 shoe ahead of Olympics ” on social media.