McCaffrey works out with Denver Broncos with NFL draft nearing

Ed McCaffrey flew down the sidelines and across the seams in a blue and orange No. 87 Denver Broncos jersey for nine seasons, and now his son may have the chance to do the same.

Former Duke wide receiver Max McCaffrey worked out for the Broncos Tuesday afternoon and posted a thank you to the organization on Instagram afterward—the first time he has publicized a visit with an NFL team. His father played for the organization from 1995-2003—earning a Pro Bowl nod in 1998—and was a key weapon on the Bronco teams that won back-to-back Super Bowls following the 1997 and 1998 seasons. 

McCaffrey impressed at Duke's pro day on campus last month, with representatives from 29 teams in attendance. His father and his brother, Christian—a Heisman Trophy finalist at Stanford this season—were on hand to watch as Max turned heads with a time of 4.36 seconds in the 40-yard dash. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound McCaffrey posted career-highs across the board during the 2015 season, hauling in 52 catches for 643 yards and five touchdowns. 

The NFL draft is scheduled for April 28-30 in Chicago, and McCaffrey's stock is still up in the air as a potential late-round pick or an undrafted free agent.

Share and discuss “McCaffrey works out with Denver Broncos with NFL draft nearing” on social media.