Martin, McCaffrey to represent Duke football in NFLPA Collegiate Bowl

<p>Kicker Ross Martin set a program record by hitting 23 field goals this season, and,&nbsp;along with fellow senior Max McCaffrey,&nbsp;will be representing Duke at the&nbsp;2016 NFLPA Collegiate Bowl in January.</p>

Kicker Ross Martin set a program record by hitting 23 field goals this season, and, along with fellow senior Max McCaffrey, will be representing Duke at the 2016 NFLPA Collegiate Bowl in January.

Duke kicker Ross Martin and wide receiver Max McCaffrey have agreed to play in the 2016 NFLPA Collegiate Bowl January 23.

The exhibition—which will take place at California State University Dominguez Hills—is hosted by the NFL Players Association and provides draft-eligible players an additional opportunity to showcase their skills before the NFL draft in the spring. In addition to playing in the exhibition, Martin and McCaffrey will spend a week receiving an introduction to the NFLPA, which is the primary resource for players on how to prosper in the NFL and once their careers end.

A four-time All-ACC honoree and two-time All American, Martin had one of the best seasons in school history—converting a school-record 23 field goals on 27 attempts. Martin’s first miss of the season did not come until Duke’s seventh game against Virginia Tech Oct. 23. Martin will conclude his college career as the all-time leading scorer in Duke football history, with four of the top five single-season scoring marks to his name.

After the graduation of Jamison Crowder and Issac Blakeney, McCaffrey emerged as the Blue Devils most consistent receiver this season. The Castle Rock, Colo., native leads Duke with 48 receptions and 601 yards to go along with his five touchdowns. McCaffrey caught a pair of touchdown passes in Duke's 27-21 victory in the regular-season finale against Wake Forest Saturday, helping the team snap its four-game losing streak.

Together, Martin and McCaffrey have earned 32 wins in Durham, qualifying for bowl games in each of their four years. The duo is 0-3 in bowl games thus far, but will have one more chance to pick up the Blue Devils' first bowl win in 54 years. The team will learn of its postseason fate Sunday.

It is unknown which teams Martin and McCaffrey will play for, but both head coaches, Mike Holmgren and Mike Martz, have earned an NFL Super Bowl ring and will have plenty of advice to offer as their players prepare for the NFL.

Share and discuss “Martin, McCaffrey to represent Duke football in NFLPA Collegiate Bowl” on social media.