2015 Miami football season preview

<p>The Hurricanes appear to be set at quarterback with Brad Kaaya—the 2014 ACC Rookie of the Year— looking to improve on his solid freshman campaign.</p>

The Hurricanes appear to be set at quarterback with Brad Kaaya—the 2014 ACC Rookie of the Year— looking to improve on his solid freshman campaign.

Miami will have its work cut out for it after losing running back Duke Johnson—the all-time leading rusher in program history. The Hurricanes also lost offensive lineman Ereck Flowers and All-American linebacker Denzel Perryman to the draft, and must also find a new option at wide receiver after the departure of leading receiver Phillip Dorsett.

On the offensive side of the ball, the Hurricanes appear to be set at quarterback with Brad Kaaya—the 2014 ACC Rookie of the Year— looking to improve on his solid freshman campaign. The signal-caller will be joined by sophomore running back Joseph Yearby and junior wide receiver Stacey Coley, both of who have flashed the potential to be special during their time in Coral Gables.

Although the Hurricanes were the No. 14 defense yardage-wise in the nation a year ago, the unit struggled to get big stops when needed. Miami will hope that its talented secondary—led by senior Deon Bush—can help compensate for a young but talented front line that could experience growing pains early in the season.

The Hurricanes’ quest to reach double-digit victories for the first time since 2003 will be difficult, as their schedule features tough matchups against No. 10 Florida State, No. 12 Clemson and No. 16 Georgia Tech. Miami will visit Duke Oct. 31 in a game that could hold division title implications.

Share and discuss “2015 Miami football season preview” on social media.