Dylan Singleton commits to Duke football

The Plumlee brothers have long been a popular family lineage at Duke, with Miles, Mason and Marshall all displaying their talents in front of capacity crowds at Cameron Indoor Stadium and bringing banners back from Indianapolis.

But another family name may be a household one within the next few years. 

Safety Dylan Singleton—the younger brother of current Duke safety Deondre Singleton—announced his decision to commit to the Blue Devils Friday night. Dylan Singleton is slated as the No. 282 player in the 2016 ESPN 300 and also held offers from traditional powerhouses such as Ohio State, Auburn and Georgia. 

Singleton's commitment gives Duke 17 commitments in the Class of 2016, becoming the program's sixth four-star recruit. The new addition also continues to show that the Blue Devils' decision to focus recruiting efforts n talent-rich Georgia was a good one. Duke has also received commitments from members offensive tackle Robert Kraeling, running back Brittain Brown and cornerback Antone Williams in its Class of 2016—all of whom also hail from the Peach State. 

But ultimately it appears that Singleton's decision to commit to the Blue Devils was heavily influenced by the success his brother has had under Duke head coach David Cutcliffe. Deondre Singleton enters the season having started 22 consecutive games as a member of the Blue Devils' secondary, Duke's most experienced unit on the defensive side of the ball.

Share and discuss “Dylan Singleton commits to Duke football” on social media.