Duke football adds commitment from 3-star 2016 linebacker Koby Quansah

After a bit of a lull, David Cutcliffe and his staff are reeling in 2016 prospects once again on the recruiting trail.

Three-star linebacker Koby Quansah announced his plans to become a Blue Devil Sunday afternoon on Twitter, writing that he has "decided that Duke University is the best place for me to further my education, become a better man, and play the sport that I love!"

Twitter Tweet

The West Hartford, Conn., native is ranked as the top prospect in Connecticut according to both ESPN and 247Sports.com. ESPN also charts Quansah as the 13th-best linebacker in the nation.

Quansah had offers from Boston College, Notre Dame, North Carolina, Arizona and Michigan, among others.

The 6-foot-1 linebacker becomes the second linebacker in Duke's 2016 class, joining fellow three-star recruit and Columbia, S.C., product Brandon Hill, who committed to the program back in March. Duke signed two 2015 linebacker prospects, Ben Humphreys and Joseph Giles Harris, securing Humphreys last July and Giles Harris in February.

Quansah's commitment comes after the Blue Devils recently received verbal commitments from three-star cornerback Mark Gilbert and kicker A.J. Reed. 247Sports ranks Gilbert as the 29th-best player in North Carolina and the 61st-best cornerback in the nation, and Reed was ranked as one of the top five kickers in his class by several outlets.

With the commitments of Quansah, Gilbert and Reed, Duke now has 14 verbal commitments in its 2016 class, headlined by four-star players Scott Bracey, Chazz Surratt and Mark Birmingham. Duke has the 13th-best recruiting class in the nation according to ESPN, but only the fourth-best in the ACC behind conference powers Florida State, Miami and Clemson.

Stay with the Blue Zone and follow us at @chroniclesports on Twitter all summer as we bring you the latest football recruiting news during the offseason.

Share and discuss “Duke football adds commitment from 3-star 2016 linebacker Koby Quansah” on social media.