Justise Winslow appears on CNBC's "Squawk Box" as guest host

One month before his name will be called at the NBA Draft in New York, former Duke swingman Justise Winslow is already getting a taste of the Big Apple.

Winslow appeared as a guest host on CNBC's popular talk show "Squawk Box" Thursday morning in downtown Manhattan. He posted a picture on his twitter account of himself on set of the show along with the rest of the hosts.

Twitter Tweet

The Houston native discussed a variety of topics during his short segment, ranging from Duke's national championship season to his future in the NBA to the one-and-done phenomenon in the NCAA. Winslow took the high road when a few potentially controversial issues arose—stating that he had no opinion on whether or not college athletes should be compensated and appeared to be enjoying his time on the show.

Generic Script

The 6-foot-6 swingman was also asked if he would prefer to play in New York for the Knicks—who hold the fourth pick in next month's draft—or in Los Angeles with the Lakers, who are choosing second. Once again, Winslow refused to take the bait, claiming that both were great cities and that he will be happy wherever he ends up.

The 2015 NBA draft will take place Thursday, June 25 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. The Minnesota Timberwolves hold the top overall selection and are said to be considering one of Winslow's teammates—ACC Player of the Year Jahlil Okafor. Winslow is considered a lock to be a lottery pick, and most mock drafts have him going anywhere from the fourth to the seventh pick.

Share and discuss “Justise Winslow appears on CNBC's "Squawk Box" as guest host” on social media.