Duke basketball to host Utah State November 29

Which non-ACC teams will travel to Durham to face the reigning national champions on their home court next season?

The schedule is beginning to fall into place.

Utah State announced Wednesday that the Aggies will head to Duke for the first-ever meeting between the two teams Nov. 29 at Cameron Indoor Stadium. The game is the fifth announced non-conference game on the Blue Devils' 2015-16 slate.

Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski’s squad will also face Kentucky Nov. 17 in Chicago as part the Champions Classic before taking part in the 2K Classic, which includes an as-yet unscheduled game against Bryant and games Nov. 20 and Nov. 22 at Madison Square Garden against some combination of Virginia Commonwealth, Wisconsin and Georgetown.

After the post-Thanksgiving meeting against Utah State, Duke will host Indiana as part of the ACC/ Big 10 Challenge Dec. 2.

The announcement comes after first-year Aggie head coach Tim Duryea promised a stronger non-conference schedule to fans and the media shortly after he was hired back in March, telling Salt Lake News affiliate KSL that Utah State would “play games where national television was involved—games that are good for our players and our university.”

The Aggies went 18-13 last season, including an 11-7 ledger in Mountain West play. Utah State has not played in the NCAA tournament since 2011, when it lost to Kansas State in the second round. However, with five starters returning and addition of junior college transfer Shane Rector, the tables could turn next year in Logan, Utah.

The Blue Zone and @dukebasketball will bring you more information about the Blue Devils 2015-16 schedule and other offseason news as it becomes available.

Share and discuss “Duke basketball to host Utah State November 29 ” on social media.