Duke basketball to host Indiana in ACC/Big Ten Challenge Dec. 2

A year ago, the Blue Devils' road matchup against Wisconsin in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge was a preview of the national championship game to come four months later.

Duke will have the chance to host another traditional Big Ten power this season, welcoming Indiana to Cameron Indoor Stadium Dec. 2 for this year's edition of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. The Hoosiers—like the Blue Devils—are expected to enter the season ranked in the top 15.

With Duke faced with the challenge of replacing Tyus Jones, Justise Winslow and Jahlil Okafor from last season's championship team, an early-season matchup against Indiana will be a stiff test. Tom Crean's squad returns productive players James Blackmon, Robert Johnson, Troy Williams as well as star point guard Yogi Ferrell and highly-touted recruit Thomas Bryant. The Blue Devils will counter with another roster loaded with young talent—incoming freshmen Brandon Ingram, Chase Jeter, Derryck Thornton and Luke Kennard are all top-25 recruits—mixed with veteran presence in Amile Jefferson and Matt Jones.

The matchup between the Hoosiers and the Blue Devils is just one highlight of a loaded ACC/Big Ten Challenge slate that also includes a matchup between probable top-five squads Maryland and North Carolina.

As it did a year ago, Duke will look to use its high-profile non-conference matchup in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge as a resume-builder and confidence booster heading into conference play.

The full slate for this year's ACC/Big Ten Challenge is below:

Monday, November 30

Clemson at Minnesota

Wake Forest at Rutgers

Tuesday, December 1

Maryland at North Carolina

Virginia at Ohio State

Michigan at N.C. State

Purdue at Pittsburgh

Northwestern at Virginia Tech

Miami at Nebraska

Wednesday, December 2

Indiana at Duke

Louisville at Michigan State

Notre Dame at Illinois

Wisconsin at Syracuse

Florida State at Iowa

Penn State at Boston College

Georgia Tech is the lone school not participating in this year's Challenge.

Share and discuss “Duke basketball to host Indiana in ACC/Big Ten Challenge Dec. 2” on social media.