Cook impresses at NBA Draft combine, Jones and Winslow meet with teams

Unlike his former teammates Tyus Jones and Justise Winslow, Quinn Cook does not have the luxury of knowing he will be drafted.

After a solid week in Chicago, the former Duke captain may be building enough of a case to entice a team to pull the trigger come June 25.

Cook was a standout performer in this week's NBA Draft combine, finishing 2-0 in 5-on-5 competition and impressing teams with his perimeter shooting and intangibles.

Twitter Tweet

After struggling in the first scrimmage of the combine—with only six points on 2-of-6 shooting and four turnovers—Cook tied as the leading scorer in his 5-on-5 action Friday. The national championship winning point guard recorded 18 points on 6-of-12 shooting from the floor and made key hustle plays when his team needed them most.

Cook also took part in athletic testing with all other combine participants and was sure to let teams know that they were getting a player with both the physical and mental attributes to succeed on the NBA level.

Twitter Tweet

With Jones and Winslow not participating in 5-on-5 scrimmages, prospective teams only got glimpses of the former Duke standouts during athletic testing and interviews.

Although it remains to be seen how Jones' size will affect his draft stock, the results from athletic testing listed the Apple Valley, Minn., native at 6-foot-2 in shoes and with a 6-foot-5 wingspan.

Twitter Tweet

The athletic testing portion of the combine certainly helped Winslow's draft stock as the versatile forward recorded a wingspan of 6-foot-10 and 1/4 inches. With the physique and athleticism to defend multiple positions and am improving perimeter jump shot, the Houston native has become one of the most coveted prospects in the draft.

Twitter Tweet

Share and discuss “Cook impresses at NBA Draft combine, Jones and Winslow meet with teams” on social media.