Tyus Jones gives assist to Kevin Garnett on first pitch at Minnesota Twins opener

The basketball season may be over, but that hasn't stopped Tyus Jones from handing out assists.

The freshman point guard took part in the pregame festivities at the Minnesota Twins' home opener at Target Field Monday, delivering a baseball to another Minnesota basketball icon—Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett.

Just as he did with his passes to Jahlil Okafor all season, Jones—who grew up 30 minutes south of Minneapolis in Apple Valley, Minn.—put the Big Ticket in a position to do damage with his feed, as Garnett delivered a strike to Twins outfielder Torii Hunter.

Youtube Player

Jones scored 23 points in Duke's 68-63 win against Wisconsin April 6 in the national championship game, taking home Most Outstanding Player honors in the process. The freshman was met with a nice round of applause from the hometown fans at Target Field, and even got a bow from Garnett of the type typically reserved by the Cameron Crazies for head coach Mike Krzyzewski.

Twitter Tweet

The floor general has not yet announced whether he will return to Durham for his sophomore campaign or declare for the NBA draft, where he is currently projected as a mid-to-late first-round pick. If Jones does opt to leave school early, he might have the opportunity to throw out a first pitch of his own. He'll have a tough time beating out former Blue Devil Rodney Hood for bragging rights after the southpaw threw a heater for the Salt Lake Bees last summer.

Share and discuss “Tyus Jones gives assist to Kevin Garnett on first pitch at Minnesota Twins opener” on social media.