Krzyzewski: 2010 title ring a reminder of goal now in sight

INDIANAPOLIS—Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski has plenty of choices when it comes to accessories. He broke a watch slapping the floor during a game earlier this season, and is the proud owner of four national championship rings.

The one he wore to Friday's press conference carries special significance for the Blue Devils this weekend.

Krzyzewski has worn his most recent national championship ring—earned here in Indianapolis in 2010—this postseason to help motivate himself and his players.

"I've worn it throughout the tournaments just as a reminder to me and to our team of our ultimate goal, to win a national championship," Krzyzewski said. "Usually I don't wear a ring on my right fingers, but I did for the tournament. Not for luck or anything, just as a constant reminder of what it is."

The winningest coach in Division I men's basketball history went on to praise the city of Indianapolis, calling it the best host city for the Final Four because of the knowledgeable basketball fans in the state of Indiana and the easily accessible city.

Krzyzewski might be slightly biased, though. Two of his four titles were won in Indianapolis, and the Blue Devils have already bested the Spartans in the Crossroads of America this season at the Champions Classic. But Tom Izzo is fond of Indianapolis as well—his lone NCAA championship was won at the RCA Dome in 2000.

Share and discuss “Krzyzewski: 2010 title ring a reminder of goal now in sight” on social media.