Deion Williams sings national anthem before Duke-Michigan State

INDIANAPOLIS—Most groups who get to perform the national anthem or sing at halftime shows get weeks—sometimes months—to prepare.

Deion Williams and the other members of the student-athlete quartet had no such luxury Saturday.

The Duke linebacker joined athlete representatives from Michigan State, Kentucky and Wisconsin in singing the Star Spangled Banner before the Blue Devils defeated the Spartans in Saturday's first national semifinal.

Williams was joined by Kentucky women's soccer player Kennedy Collier, Michigan State women's soccer player Michelle Dear and Wisconsin basketball player Vitto Brown, who later played one minute in the Badgers' upset of the previously-undefeated Wildcats in Saturday's second semifinal.

Here's video of the national anthem:

Youtube Player

Williams drew much of the praise following the performance, including this shout-out from future Blue Devil Luke Kennard.

Twitter Tweet

Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski and Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan are big on tradition, so after the Blue Devils' 20-point win and the Badgers' upset victory, neither would be too upset if Williams and Brown came back for an encore before Monday's title game.

Share and discuss “Deion Williams sings national anthem before Duke-Michigan State” on social media.