Duke basketball fashion statement: Throwback blue jerseys for Florida State

The Blue Devils made a definitive statement on the court Saturday with a 30-point win against a top-10 team. Monday night in Tallahassee, Fla., Duke will be making another statement—a fashion statement.

After unveiling throwback home uniforms last season, Monday's game against Florida State will mark the return of the vintage Duke blue jerseys.

A tweet from DukeBluePlanet—one of the team's Twitter accounts—Sunday afternoon hinted at a new jersey for Monday's 7 p.m. game against the Seminoles.

Twitter Tweet

Later Sunday night, the jersey top was revealed on Twitter as well.

Twitter Tweet

The Blue Devils have worn their throwback white jerseys many times this season, including in both of last week's home games, a 72-66 squeaker against Georgia Tech Wednesday and Saturday's 90-60 rout of No. 10 Notre Dame. Those jerseys are absent any black trim, and the uniform posted Sunday also keeps it simple with just blue and white.

Fans used to complain about Duke's much-maligned alternate black jerseys, until the Blue Devils upset then-No. 2 Wisconsin and then-No. 2 Virginia on the road wearing them this season. Duke will look to push its record to 1-0 in the throwback blue jerseys Monday against Florida State.

Share and discuss “Duke basketball fashion statement: Throwback blue jerseys for Florida State” on social media.