Duke commits Rahming, Humphreys shine in U.S. Army All-American Game

For the first time in its 15-year history, a pair of Duke-bound high school seniors played in the U.S. Army All-American game.

Not only did wide receiver T.J. Rahming and linebacker Ben Humphreys make the rosters of the East and West squads, respectively, but the duo also had some of the day's best performances on the nation's biggest stage.

Rahming, who had already impressed scouts and coaches at the practices leading up to Saturday's game, lived up to the hype with a huge performance of 65 yards and a touchdown through the air on just two receptions. The Powder Springs, Ga., native, also added a 41-yard rushing touchdown on a trick play that consisted of two laterals.

https://vine.co/v/Od5OOZVHHH0

Although he is undersized at only 150 pounds, Rahming has shown an uncanny ability to make explosive plays and could see significant playing time this fall with the departure of Jamison Crowder and Issac Blakeney. In fact, some recruiting experts have likened Rahming to Crowder, who also was a small, but quick, prospect coming out of high school.

Many observers in San Antonio thought that Rahming would have stolen the MVP award if the East team had won after a fierce fourth quarter comeback made the final score 39-36 in favor of the West squad.

On the other side of the football, Humphreys began the day as a back-up, but made the most of his playing time, intercepting a pass in the second quarter and taking it 21 yards for a touchdown to give his team a 27-3 lead. The Santa Ana, Calif., product ended the day with a tackle for loss, a sack and a forced fumble.

Humphreys is another player who could work his way into big minutes next season and might be the team's most college-ready player. He could play at linebacker or slide into the strike safety position behind Jeremy Cash.

Rahming and Humphreys are part of a 17-member recruiting class that is currently ranked 38th in the nation and features ESPN300 prospect Keyston Fulller, who did not play in the all-star game.

The Blue Devils begin spring practice Feb. 6 and will welcome the bulk of their incoming 2015 recruiting class this summer.

Keep up with the Blue Zone for all your recruiting and football news as signing day and spring practice approach.

Share and discuss “Duke commits Rahming, Humphreys shine in U.S. Army All-American Game” on social media.