The key three: Duke basketball vs. Wofford

Duke will look to continue its home-court dominance against Wofford Wednesday at 3 p.m. at Cameron Indoor Stadium after just one day of rest following its route against Toledo. Three keys to the Blue Devils posting their 12th double-digit victory to open the season as their conference opener against Boston College looms:

Keep contesting shots from downtown

One of Duke’s best defensive statistics comes from their its ability to hold teams to only 27.2 percent shooting from deep. Wofford is shooting 40.4 from three-point range, a threat that could match up well against Duke’s perimeter defensive talent, but could cause trouble if the Terriers get into a rhythm as they have in four of their last five games. For the Blue Devils to keep an undefeated record they will have to prevent any big runs by Wofford’s veteran starters, which include two seniors and two juniors, and make sure to focus on shot contesting.

Improvement against dribble penetration

Coming off of a career-high scoring performance, Jahlil Okafor and his teammates will be key to protecting the basket against Wofford guards Karl Cochran (13.3 points per game) and Spencer Collins (11.4 points per game), who lead the team in scoring. Okafor tops Duke’s stats with 16 total blocks on the season and forwards Amile Jefferson and Justise Winslow combine for another 13 total blocks, but the Blue Devil guards need to show more urgency keeping opposing guards out of the paint.

Wisconsin's Traevon Jackson, Connecticut's Ryan Boatright and Toledo's Julius Brown have all had success getting into the paint to have success against Duke's defense; the Blue Devils need to continue focusing on that aspect of the game and build on their second-half improvement from Monday.

Handle the quick turnaround

Although Duke has been racking up wins by double-digits throughout the entire season so far, it hasn’t had much of a chance to play games within a single day of each other, other than early in the season in the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic. This sort of rest-and-play style is important for tournament preparation, and will be a test to see how Duke will fair after only one day of rest. The Blue Devils struggled offensively in the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic given little rest, so it will be interesting to see how they fare Wednesday.

Share and discuss “The key three: Duke basketball vs. Wofford” on social media.