Duke legend Jay Bilas directs Duke Alumni Band during100th performance before Duke-UConn

Jay Bilas has worn a lot of different hats—Duke basketball forward, lawyer, sportscaster and even author.

He added another one to the list before Thursday's game between the No. 2 Blue Devils and reigning national champions Connecticut at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, N.J.

The ESPN commentator conducted the Duke Alumni Band during its 100th performance before the game and showed off his skills with a baton.

Youtube Player

Bilas definitely thought his performance was worthy of applause and a few bows and made the occasion special for the alumni that volunteered to play at the marquee matchup.

The Alumni Band has become an important part of the Duke University Marching Band's ability to support Blue Devil athletics at regular-season neutral site games and at home games when school is not in session.

And after Thursday's special visit from Bilas, it doesn't look like alumni will be slowing down anytime soon.

How do you think Bilas did as a conductor? Let us know on Twitter @dukebasketball.

Keep up with the Blue Zone for all of your Duke basketball and recruiting news as the Blue Devils look to move to 10-0 Thursday against the Huskies.

Share and discuss “Duke legend Jay Bilas directs Duke Alumni Band during100th performance before Duke-UConn” on social media.