Bucks rookie Jabari Parker named Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month

He hasn't lived up to personal standards, but Jabari Parker has still been good enough.

The Bucks forward was named the Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month Wednesday before Duke's showdown at Wisconsin.

In the first month of the season, Parker averaged 11.9 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.3 steals per game on 47 percent shooting. The No. 2 draft pick helped the Bucks to a 10-8 record, putting the team right in the middle of the Eastern Conference Playoff picture.

Although he reportedly is still seeking to improve his 2.4 turnovers per game average and defense, claiming "you've got to build on this; you've got to build consistency," according to Charles Gardner of the Journal Sentinel, Parker still outdid the other rookies in his conference to earn the award.

The other nominees beaten by Parker were Brooklyn's Bojan Bogdanovic, Orlando's Elfrid Payton and Philadelphia's K.J. McDaniels, who helped Clemson upset Parker's Blue Devils last season.

The No. 1 overall pick in the draft, Andrew Wiggins, was Western Conference Rookie of the Month.

Parker scored 22 points on 11-of-15 shooting and had eight rebounds in Tuesday's loss to Cleveland and shot 14 free throws last Saturday against Houston, so don't be surprised if he wins the award again in the near future. The versatile forward seems to be figuring out how to be extremely productive and efficient at the next level as he gains experience playing against the best.

Keep up with the Blue Zone for all of the latest Duke in the NBA updates.

Share and discuss “Bucks rookie Jabari Parker named Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month” on social media.