Duke football injury report: Georgia Tech

As the Blue Devils look to knock off an undefeated Georgia Tech squad Saturday at 12:30 p.m. at Bobby Dodd Stadium in Atlanta, Duke released its weekly injury report. We look at who will be missing Saturday's game and the implications going forward:

QUESTIONABLE

RB Shaquille Powell (lower body)

OUT

TE Dan Beilinson (upper body)

DE Dezmond Johnson (leg)

CB Johnathan Lloyd (lower body)

OL Trip McNeill (lower body)

DT Jamal Wallace (lower body)

OUT FOR SEASON

LB Kelby Brown (leg)

TE Braxton Deaver (leg)

DE Taariq Shabazz (leg)

Breakdown: The name that jumps out once again on this list is that of redshirt senior defensive end Dezmond Johnson. The Nashville, Tenn., native was a veteran presence on the line and provided the Blue Devils with big play capabilities against the run on a down-to-down basis but has not been in action since the Sept. 13 Kansas matchup. With Johnson officially out of the contest, Duke will have to lean on reserves Kyler Brown and Jonathan Jones as well as starters defensive end Jordan DeWalt-Ondijo and defensive tackle Carlos Wray to step up and slow down the 11th-ranked rush defense.

Starting running back Shaquille Powell is also listed as questionable with what has been listed as a lower body injury. Powell's ailment is that of a knee injury that required an MRI following the Miami contest. If Powell is limited Saturday, look for freshman Shaun Wilson to step up and receive the majority of the carries against Georgia Tech. Senior Josh Snead will also help supplement any lost touches should Powell miss Saturday's game.

Be sure to check the Blue Zone this weekend to see if Powell gets the green light and check back Thursday Oct. 16 for the weekly injury report prior to next week's homecoming matchup against Virginia.

Share and discuss “Duke football injury report: Georgia Tech” on social media.