Curry traded to Magic D-League affiliate Erie BayHawks

Seth Curry's road to the NBA is guaranteed through Orlando this season.

The Santa Cruz Warriors announced Tuesday afternoon that they acquired the returning player rights to guard Scott Suggs and a first round pick in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft from the Erie BayHawks in exchange for Curry.

Twitter Tweet

Curry played in 38 games with the Warriors last season, averaging 19.7 points and 5.8 assists per game and was part of the reason Santa Cruz was able to advance to the 2014 D-League Finals. The Charlotte native was called up to the NBA twice last season, once with the Memphis Grizzlies and again with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

“Seth is such a tremendous talent,” Associate General Manager Pat Sund said in a statement released Tuesday. “We were fortunate to witness his work ethic first-hand as a Warrior day in and day out last season. We appreciate all of his contributions to the team and Santa Cruz community, and we wish him nothing but success as he continues to pursue his NBA dream.”

Today's trade means that should Curry not make the Magic roster, he will play for Erie and not Santa Cruz in the D-League. He is currently in training camp with the Orlando Magic, the NBA-affiliate for the BayHawks. Curry played for the Magic in the 2014 Orlando Pro Summer League, averaging 9.8 points per game.

Share and discuss “Curry traded to Magic D-League affiliate Erie BayHawks” on social media.