CASHin' Out: New promotion pays students to get loud on third down

Duke is attempting to do everything it can to lure a big and loud crowd to Wallace Wade Stadium this Saturday when the Blue Devils take on ACC Coastal Division leader Virginia at 12:30 p.m.

Duke Athletics announced on Facebook Thursday morning that it will place a money machine on the track near the student section and a lucky student will be chosen to win money every time the Blue Devil defense forces a punt. Other students will get the chance to catch a free t-shirt during the 30 second period.

The marketing department appropriately uses All-American safety Jeremy Cash to promote the new initiative in a YouTube video, which is shown below.

Youtube Player

Duke has tried a number of events and promotions to lure more students to football games, with the most recent being Duke Student Government's DevilsGate, which has garnered mixed reviews through the team's first three home games. This new money promotion will also attempt to increase crowd noise throughout the stadium.

No word on whether this new feature will stick around, but if it is successful, look for it at the Blue Devils' final three home games Nov. 15, 20 and 29.

Share and discuss “CASHin' Out: New promotion pays students to get loud on third down” on social media.