Duke football injury report: Tulane

As the Blue Devils prepare to wrap up their nonconference slate against Tulane Saturday at 12:30 p.m. at Wallace Wade Stadium, Duke released its weekly injury report. We look at who will be missing Saturday's game and the implications going forward:

QUESTIONABLE

DE Dezmond Johnson (leg)

OG Lucas Patrick (leg)

OUT

TE Dan Beilinson (upper body)

CB Johnathan Lloyd (lower body)

OL Trip McNeill (lower body)

OL Jake Sanders (upper body)

OUT FOR SEASON

LB Kelby Brown (leg)

TE Braxton Deaver (leg)

DE Taariq Shabazz (leg)

Breakdown: Unlike week's past, there are actually some question marks for Duke heading into Saturday's game against the Green Wave. The Blue Devils lost guard Lucas Patrick and defensive end Dezmond Johnson to leg injuries in last week's game against

Johnson—who has registered one sack this season—was seen walking around campus on crutches with his leg in a cast as late as Wednesday. Although it's more than likely a precautionary measure being taken by the medical staff, it is still something to keep an eye on.

The injury is not the first for Patrick, who has been through the ringer with injuries since his first year at Duke. Both players have solid backups, as Jonathan Jones and Kyler Brown will fill in at the end position for Johnson. Cody Robinson will handle Patrick's responsibilities should he not be available for Saturday's game.

Both injuries—Patrick's looking like an ankle and Johnson's looking like a knee—seemed much more serious Saturday, as both players had to be carted off the field. To have them listed as questionable for this week's game is good news for Duke, although it may be safe to say the Blue Devils will rest both if they can. With the conference opener at Miami looming, Duke will want everybody healthy for the trip to Coral Gables.

Be sure to check the Blue Zone this weekend to see if either player gets the green light and check back next Thursday for the weekly injury report for the game against Miami.

Share and discuss “Duke football injury report: Tulane” on social media.