ChronYourRadar: September 8th-14th

Need to know what's going on this week? Check out ChronYourRadar, the Chronicle news blog's new weekly round-up of events on campus and in Durham.

Wednesday, Sept. 10: Come to Wilson Rec Center between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm for some quality time with more than 100 companies and scores of classmates clad in business casual—it's the Fall Career Fair.

Wednesday afternoon, head over to Sanford to catch two high-profile counterterrorism experts discussing ISIS and changing terrorist threats. Fran Townsend, chair of the Homeland Security Council during the Bush administration, and Ambassador Daniel Benjamin, principal counterterrorism advisor to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, will begin at 5:00 pm in Fleishmann Commons.

Thursday, Sept. 11: Follow up the Career Fair with an event that's a little less self-serving—the Volunteer Fair will be held in the Bryan Center from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm. Check out ways to give back in Durham and beyond.

Friday, Sept. 12: Unwind after the week with what may be the last chance for baseball in Durham this year. For the second year in a row, the Durham Bulls are facing the Pawtucket Red Sox in the Governor's Cup finals—last year, the Bulls pulled off the victory to win their fourth league title, though they ultimately fell short in the Minor League championship. Watch them go for the repeat in Game Three against the Pawtucket Red Sox on Friday at 7:00, with tickets at $10.

Saturday, Sept 13: Since Duke cancelled its original signature Tailgate event in 2010, Saturday afternoons haven't been quite the same. The different tailgates that have cycled through over the past four years have seen varying levels of success, but this year's DevilsGate—which launched at the 2014 season opener two weeks ago—got off to perhaps the best start yet. Was the success of the first DevilsGate a fluke, or will students keep the energy level high? Head over to Wallace Wade before Saturday's 3:30 kickoff against Kansas to find out.

Share and discuss “ChronYourRadar: September 8th-14th” on social media.