Throwback: Duke-Texas A&M game voted a top game of 2013

Although Duke will begin fall camp Monday to prepare for the 2014 season, Blue Devil fans will have another chance today to relive the final game of the 2013 campaign.

The New Year's Eve thriller between Duke and Texas A&M will re-air Saturday on ESPNU at 6 p.m. as part of ESPN's countdown of the Top 25 College Football Games of 2013.

ESPN experts ranked the 2013 Chick-Fil-A Bowl game between the Blue Devils and the Aggies as one of the five most exciting games of last season. Fans then voted the matchup as the fourth-best game in an ESPN SportsNation Poll.

Duke was a heavy underdog heading into the game against Texas A&M and Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel. But the Blue Devils scored on every first half drive and built a 38-17 lead heading into the locker room. However, Manziel threw for 382 yards and four touchdowns and the Aggie defense intercepted Duke quarterback Anthony Boone twice in the fourth quarter to seal the come-from-behind victory.

Boone threw for a career-high 427 yards and tossed 3 touchdowns, while wide receiver Jamison Crowder hauled in 12 receptions for 163 yards and a touchdown. The game was the finale of a historic 2013 season for the Blue Devils, who won the ACC Coastal Division outright and appeared in the ACC Championship game in Charlotte against eventual national champion Florida State.

Only the BCS National Championship game between Auburn and Florida State and SEC matchups between Auburn and Georgia and the Iron Bowl between Auburn and Alabama garnered more votes in the fan poll.

Duke returns to action August 30 when it kicks off the 2014 season against Elon at Wallace Wade Stadium.

Share and discuss “Throwback: Duke-Texas A&M game voted a top game of 2013” on social media.