Former Blue Devil Mason Plumlee takes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

What do you get when you give a 7-footer a bucket full of ice and a video camera? A priceless moment and publicity for a great cause.

Brooklyn Nets forward Mason Plumlee teamed up with his former Duke teammate, Todd Zafirovski to take the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, which has swept the internet in the past week. Contestants raise awareness for Lou Gehrig's Disease by dumping buckets of ice on themselves and posting the video on the internet, challenging friends and family members to do the same.

Plumlee didn't have the biggest ice bucket of his group, but he did have the loudest scream after dousing himself in the icy water. He closed the video by challenging his older brother and college teammate Miles, who currently plays for the Phoenix Suns.

WATCH: Mason Plumlee and Todd Zafirovski take the Ice Bucket Challenge

Generic Script

The Ice Bucket Challenge, which was started by 29-year-old Pete Frates following his diagnosis with ALS, has gained significant traction in the sports world. In college, Frates was the captain of the Boston College baseball team.

Several athletes and coaches have taken the challenge already, including Virginia Tech football coach Frank Beamer and New York Mets pitcher Matt Harvey. New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer are among the scores of sports figures who have been challenged.

Which begs the question: When will a former Duke athlete have the guts to challenge Mike Krzyzewski? I'm sure both the Duke lovers and haters alike would love to see the Hall of Famer take the challenge, and the Blue Devil head coach is among the sports world's most charitable figures.

Your move, Miles.

Share and discuss “Former Blue Devil Mason Plumlee takes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge” on social media.