With Chase Jeter committed, Duke basketball shifts focus to Brandon Ingram

Duke landed its second Class of 2015 commitment Monday night with Bishop Gorman power forward Chase Jeter—and although the 13th-ranked player in the ESPN100 is a nice haul, there won't be much time to celebrate.

The Blue Devils have a chance to make another recruiting splash when they host Kinston, N.C., forward Brandon Ingram for his official visit beginning Thursday. Ingram—a 6-foot-8 swingman ranked No. 12 in the ESPN100—has had one of the strongest summers on the AAU circuit and has seen his stock rise as a result. It was once believed just Duke and North Carolina would be the major players for his services, but Ingram has recently picked up offers from powerhouse programs Kentucky, Kansas and Florida.

Ingram, who is taking an unofficial visit to UCLA Tuesday, was among the first to congratulate Jeter on Twitter and seemed to toy with fans' emotions by leaving the door open for a commitment of his own. Jeter's response was a bit more forward—he wants Ingram to join him and fellow commit Luke Kennard.

Twitter Tweet

Twitter Tweet

Whether or not Ingram will become the third member of Duke's recruiting class remains to be seen, but keep it here for more updates later this week following his official visit.

Share and discuss “With Chase Jeter committed, Duke basketball shifts focus to Brandon Ingram” on social media.