Report: Krzyzewski reveals he would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love

According to multiple reports Monday, Duke and Team USA head coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a radio interview with John Feinstein of CBS Sports that he would trade for Kevin Love if in charge of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The Cavs—who signed former Blue Devil point guard Kyrie Irving to a five-year, $90-million max contract extension and won the LeBron James sweepstakes earlier this offseason—would have the most formidable trio in the league if they take Krzyzewski's advice.

Any proposed deals for Love have involved top overall draft pick Andrew Wiggins, who Krzyzewski saw closely when Kansas beat Duke last season in the Champions Classic.

Krzyzewski has a close relationship with Love having coached the versatile big man twice for Team USA. After advising James to follow his heart before James decided to return to his first team, Krzyzewski expressed some strong sentiments during the interview about the team's potential with Love.

"I've coached him on two teams, and no pun intended, I love Kevin Love. You look at LeBron, and you have the best player in the world. He's 29, I'm not saying he's at the end of his career, but he's in the second-half of his career. And in the first half of his career he was becoming a great player. It took time, just like with Andrew Wiggins, it takes time. LeBron is a great player right now, you do not want to waste any year of a great player's career. Love is close to being that. He's not as great a player as LeBron, but he's there. You know who Love is right now."

The four-time national champion also discussed how Irving would benefit from playing daily with Love, just as he did when he weighed in on James' decision.

"They're always developing, but he's a consistent outstanding player. And to put that with LeBron and a great player with Kyrie [Irving] who will get there quicker with LeBron around and with Love around he'll get there even quicker, because you're influenced by your environment; we all are."

It is rumored that Cleveland is close to signing Wiggins, but after how well Krzyzewski's last piece of NBA advice worked out for the Cavs' front office, maybe they will reconsider.

Share and discuss “Report: Krzyzewski reveals he would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love” on social media.