Former Chronicle Editor joins Board, along with Young Trustees

Three new members joined Duke's Board of Trustees July 1.

Ann Pelham, Trinity '74, will serve a six-year term—building on her involvement as former president of the Duke Alumni Association and former chair of the Duke Student Publishing Company, which publishes The Chronicle. Undergraduate Young Trustee Neil Kondamuri, Trinity '14, will serve a three-year term. Graduate Young Trustee Shannon O'Connor, a fifth-year doctoral student in biomedical engineering, will serve a two-year term.

Pelham has decades of journalism experience, beginning with her time as editor of The Chronicle in 1973-74. She most recently served as publisher of the Legal Times—a Washington, D.C.-based paper that specializes in lobbying and legal matters—from 1998 to 2008.

She has also served on the advisory board of Duke Magazine, as vice-president of the local Duke group in Washington, D.C. and as a member of the Leadership Gifts Committee for the Duke Forward capital campaign.

Kondamuri, a public policy and economics double major, was elected by the undergraduate student body in 2014. O'Conor was appointed to her position by the Graduate and Professional Student Council. Each will spend one year on the Board as a non-voting member before serving the rest of their terms as voting members, per the Young Trustee rules.

Share and discuss “Former Chronicle Editor joins Board, along with Young Trustees” on social media.