Duke football nets 4 on media's preseason All-ACC squad

Duke wide receiver Jamison Crowder, guard Laken Tomlinson, linebacker Kelby Brown and safety Jeremy Cash were named to the 26-man preseason All-ACC team, which was voted on by the conference's media members earlier this week at the ACC Kickoff in Greensboro, N.C.

Defending national champion Florida State led the way with nine overall selections, including six on offense. The Blue Devils' four all-conference picks ranked second in the conference.

Crowder, who set the ACC single-season record for receptions as a junior with 108, was the leader among wide receivers with 68 votes out of the 99 ballots cast. Tomlinson, who is expected to be one of Duke's top NFL draft prospects after this season, received 52 votes.

On the defensive side of the football, Brown received 74 votes and Cash garnered 56. Brown was the ACC's second-leading tackler last season behind teammate David Helton and Cash was a second-team All-America selection by USA Today in 2013.

The only near-unanimous choices in the voting were Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston, who received 97 votes, Clemson defensive end Vic Beasley, who garnered 96 and Miami running back Duke Johnson, who got 95.

Duke was picked by the ACC media to finish in second place in the Coastal Division earlier this week.

Share and discuss “Duke football nets 4 on media's preseason All-ACC squad” on social media.