Jahlil Okafor will wear No. 15 at Duke, Justise Winslow to wear No. 12

The 2014-15 season is still well on the horizon, but two of the Blue Devils' four incoming freshmen have announced what numbers they'll be sporting in Duke blue.

Center Jahlil Okafor announced via Twitter Wednesday that he will wear No. 15 when he first suits up for the Blue Devils next season. The announcement came hours after small forward Justise Winslow announced that he will wear No. 12.

Twitter Tweet

Twitter Tweet

The remaining two members of Winslow's class—point guard Tyus Jones and combo guard Grayson Allen—have yet to announce what numbers they will wear in Durham next season.

Okafor's No. 15 was most recently worn by senior captain Josh Hairston, who is set to graduate next month. He was unable to wear the No. 22 he sported at Whitney Young in Chicago because it is the retired number of Jason Williams. Okafor wore No. 15 last season playing for Mac Irvin Fire on the AAU circuit.

Winslow's No. 12 was most recently worn by former Blue Devil Alex Murphy, who transferred to Florida early this season. He wore No. 20 during his high school career at St. John's in Houston, but that number is currently taken by rising sophomore Semi Ojeleye.

Repeated numbers are not uncommon at Duke because there aren't actually many numbers available for incoming freshmen thanks to NCAA rules that only allow numbers with digits between zero and five and a slew of retired numbers hanging in the rafters at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

Jones' No. 21, which he wore at Apple Valley High School in Minnesota, is currently being worn by rising junior Amile Jefferson. Playing for AAU powerhouse Howard Pulley, Jones wore No. 5, which could become available should Rodney Hood decide to leave school early and go pro.

Allen's No. 1 was worn by Parker this season, but could become available should the Chicago native enter the 2014 NBA draft. Allen wore No. 4 playing with Each 1 Teach 1 on the AAU circuit, but that number is retired for JJ Redick.

Number announcements from the remaining players could be affected by the NBA decisions of Parker and Hood.

This story was last updated at 3:15 p.m.

Share and discuss “Jahlil Okafor will wear No. 15 at Duke, Justise Winslow to wear No. 12” on social media.