Duke in the NBA: Irving, Redick return from injury

Miles Plumlee, Phoenix Suns: Plumlee got his April off to a strong start, scoring 13 points and grabbing seven boards as the Suns lost to the Clippers. Plumlee’s March didn’t end quite as well, as the big-man left last Friday’s win over the Knicks after being poked in the eye, and played just 11 minutes in the Suns' loss to the Lakers.

Mason Plumlee, Brooklyn Nets: Plumlee still finds himself in the starting lineup for the playoff-bound Nets, and has been getting more than 20 minutes a night consistently. Plumlee continues to play well as a starter, and averaged 8.0 points and 6.3 rebounds per game last week.

Gerald Henderson, Charlotte Bobcats: Henderson had another solid week for the Bobcats, averaging 12.3 points on 53.6 percent shooting, and also averaged three rebounds and three assists per game.

Josh McRoberts, Charlotte Bobcats: McRoberts had a career night in an overtime loss to the Wizards last Saturday, as the big man poured in a career-high 24 points and also added seven rebounds and six assists. The rest of McRoberts’ week went downhill from there, as he scored just two points against the Wizards, and missed Wednesday’s game against the 76ers with a sprained ankle.

Elton Brand, Atlanta Hawks: Brand mysteriously sat out the Hawks’ loss to Wizards last Saturday, but returned to the bench in Atlanta’s next two games, averaging 6.0 and 4.5 rebounds. The Hawks will need all the help they can get from Brand, as they look to beat out the Knicks for the eight-seed in the Eastern Conference in what may be the most embarrassing playoff race of all time.

Carlos Boozer, Chicago Bulls: Boozer played exactly 24 minutes in all four of the Bulls games this past week, as he has played the entire first and third quarters, while Taj Gibson has played the second and fourth. It may seem an odd system, but Boozer’s production didn’t really drop in his limited minutes, as he averaged 14.5 points and 7.8 rebounds per game last week.

Mike Dunleavy, Jr., Chicago Bulls: Dunleavy had an inconsistent week for the Bulls, starting with a two-point performance on 1-of-9 shooting in a loss to the Blazers. Dunleavy did contribute more on the offensive end, as the Bulls swept a home and home series against the Celtics, where Dunleavy scored 11 in the first game and 22 the second.

Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers: After missing the past eight games with a biceps injury, Irving returned to action on Wednesday in stellar fashion. Irving went full Uncle Drew on the Magic, dropping 17 points on 7-of-8 shooting and added eight assists and six rebounds in just 28 minutes.

Luol Deng, Cleveland Cavaliers: As one Duke alumnus returns to the lineup for the Cavaliers, another one gets injured, as Deng strained his back in Wednesday’s win. It is unclear whether he’ll miss extended time. Before sustaining the injury, Deng had two solid performances against the Nets and Pacers, scoring 20 and 15 points in the two games.

Seth Curry, Cleveland Cavaliers: After signing a 10-day contract with the Cavaliers on March 24, his deal expired and was not renewed by the Cavaliers this past week. The rookie played in just one game for Cleveland, and will look to continue his NBA journey with another team. For now, he will return to the Santa Cruz Warriors of the D-League.

JJ Redick, Los Angeles Clippers: Redick returned to action for the Clippers Thursday night after missing more than two months of the season with a back injury. Redick had 12 points in 24 minutes as the Clippers lost to the Mavericks.

Ryan Kelly, Los Angeles Lakers: After being compared to Kevin Durant by Metta World Peace two weeks ago, Kelly had another solid, although not quite Durant-esque week for the Lakers. Kelly averaged 10.3 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 1.8 blocks for the week.

Shane Battier, Miami Heat: Battier has hinted that he will retire at the end of this season this week, as the veteran role player has seen himself fall out of the Heat’s starting lineup and has seen his minutes drop. Battier had his best game of last week in a win over the Bucks, scoring only three points, but also adding three blocks, three rebounds, and two assists.

Kyle Singler, Detroit Pistons: Singler continues to be rock solid as the starting shooting guard for the Pistons, and averaged 11.3 points and 3.8 rebounds this past week, scoring in double-figures in all four of the Pistons’ games.

Austin Rivers, New Orleans Pelicans: Rivers saw more than 20 minutes of action in all four of the Pelicans games last week and played pretty well, averaging 10.0 points, 4.0 assists, and 3.3 rebounds per game.

Eliot Williams, Philadelphia 76ers: Williams scored in double-figures in all three of his games this past week, and led all Philadelphia bench scorers with 13 points as the 76ers avoided making history and snapped their 26-game losing streak with a win over the Pistons on Saturday.

Share and discuss “Duke in the NBA: Irving, Redick return from injury” on social media.