Duke basketball season highlights: Josh Hairston

This week on The Blue Zone we will be running down the top three performances from the 2013-2014 season of each of the departing Blue Devils. Today, we take a look at Josh Hairston.

Josh Hairston, Forward, Senior

3) Dec. 19, 2013 vs. UCLA: In a big win for a Blue Devil team that had struggled to compete with top talent at that point in the season, Hairston was perfect from the field, collecting four points on 2-of-2 shooting. He also grabbed three rebounds and dished out one assist. Two of Hairston’s three rebounds were on the offensive end and gave Duke opportunities to earn second-chance points in what was a hotly-contested game. Hairston’s assist came on the first possession of the second half on a Jabari Parker 3-pointer that gave Duke the lead. The Blue Devils went on to win the contest 80-63.

2) Nov. 18, 2013 vs. UNC-Asheville: Duke thrashed UNC-Asheville at Cameron Indoor Stadium and Hairston had four points, four rebounds and one block in 13 minutes. Hairston was most effective in the second half, adding all four of his points, the block and three of his rebounds in the period. This performance, which came in only the fourth game of the season for the Blue Devils, solidified Hairston’s role off the bench.

1) Jan. 18, 2014 vs. N.C. State: Hairston’s best performance of the season came in Duke's rout of the Wolfpack early in ACC play. As the Blue Devils waltzed their way to a confidence-boosting 90-65 victory, Hairston accumulated four points, a season-high five rebounds and an assist. The Fredericksburg, Va. native collected his assist early in the contest on a 3-pointer from Andre Dawkins that extended Duke’s lead to five. Hairston turned two of his four offensive boards into baskets himself, helping the Blue Devils crush any potential comeback hopes in the second half.

Check out the top performances of the other players we've already covered this week: Todd Zafirovski

Share and discuss “Duke basketball season highlights: Josh Hairston” on social media.