ACC releases conference matchups for 2014-15 and 2015-16, Duke-Syracuse rematch set

The ACC released the conference matchups for the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons Tuesday morning. The Blue Devils' schedule, particularly their slate of road games, will be among the toughest in the conference next season.

With this being the third year in conference history that each team has played 18 conference games, the level of competition will be higher than ever, with newcomer Louisville being added to many teams'—including Duke's—schedule.

“It's exciting to look ahead to our league's basketball schedule, as there's no shortage of quality conference games,” ACC Commissioner John Swofford said. “This two-year alignment will allow for outstanding opportunities that will highlight our teams and players while providing our fans with continually appealing matchups.”

Following the two instant-classics Duke and Syracuse played this past year in the Orange's first season in the ACC, the two teams will once again face off twice next season. Those matchups will likely be among the most-hyped conference contests of the season.

Other notable contests slated for 2014-15 include a trip to Charlottesville, Va., to take on ACC champions Virginia and a visit to Louisville in what will be the Blue Devils' first conference matchup against the Cardinals. Rick Pitino will bring Louisville to Cameron Indoor Stadium for the first time as an ACC member in 2015-16 as part of a home-and-away series.

In both seasons, Duke will again play the yearly installment of home-and-away matchups against rival North Carolina. The 2014-2015 season will be the first opportunity for the Blue Devils to host Pittsburgh and Notre Dame as ACC foes.

The full Blue Devil slate for the next two seasons is below:

Duke 2014-15:

Home/Road: North Carolina, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Notre Dame

Home: Miami, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Pittsburgh, Boston College

Road: Florida State, N.C. State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Louisville

Duke 2015-16:

Home/Road: North Carolina , Wake Forest , N.C. State, Louisville

Home: Florida State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Syracuse, Notre Dame

Road: Miami, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Pittsburgh, Boston College

Share and discuss “ACC releases conference matchups for 2014-15 and 2015-16, Duke-Syracuse rematch set” on social media.