Duke in the NBA: Redick, Plumlee, Henderson all hurting

Miles Plumlee, Phoenix Suns: Plumlee missed his first game of the season on Tuesday with a sprained knee he sustained in practice last week. Prior to missing Tuesday’s game against the Clippers and Thursday’s against the Thunder, Plumlee averaged 3.5 points and 6.0 rebounds in wins over the Pelicans and the Hawks.

Mason Plumlee, Brooklyn Nets: With Kevin Garnett still sidelined due to back spasms, Mason found himself in the starting lineup in all three of the Nets’ games this past week. Mason didn’t play much despite starting, but still had some solid production for the Nets. He averaged 5.0 points and 5.7 in the Nets’ three wins.

Gerald Henderson, Charlotte Bobcats: Henderson was another Blue Devil to go down with an injury this past week, as he injured his calf, missing the team’s final two games of the week. Prior to his injury, he put up nine points and five rebounds in a loss to the Thunder, and 12 points, three rebounds and two assists in a loss to the Spurs.

Josh McRoberts, Charlotte Bobcats: McRoberts didn’t shoot the ball particularly well this past week, averaging 7.3 points on 41.4 percent shooting. His best performance however came in a surprise victory over the Pacers, when McRoberts scored 12 points and added five rebounds.

Elton Brand, Atlanta Hawks: The Hawks only had two games this past week—losses to the Suns and Blazers—and Brand was solid, if unspectacular, in both games. Brand scored 13 points and grabbed six rebounds in the loss to the Suns, and scored six points and grabbed three rebounds against the Blazers.

Carlos Boozer, Chicago Bulls: Boozer had a decent week for the Bulls, as they won three of four games. The veteran big man averaged 10.8 points and 7.8 rebounds on the week.

Mike Dunleavy, Jr., Chicago Bulls: Dunleavy’s scoring dipped slightly this week, as he averaged 10.3 points per game, but he averaged 6.5 rebounds and 3.3 assists—both better than his season averages.

Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers: Irving recorded his first career triple-double last Friday in a win over the Jazz. Irving dropped 21 points, 12 assists, and 10 rebounds in the game. Irving followed that performance up with two more strong offensive performances, scoring 28 against the Grizzlies and 24 against the Spurs, but the Cavaliers dropped both games.

Luol Deng, Cleveland Cavaliers: Deng started off the week with a strong performance against the Jazz, as he scored 16 points on 8-of-12 shooting. However, Deng failed to impress the rest of the week, averaging just 10.0 points and 4.0 rebounds in the Cavs two losses to the Grizzlies and Jazz.

JJ Redick, Los Angeles Clippers: Redick remained on the sidelines with a hip injury that has kept him out since Feb. 5.

Ryan Kelly, Los Angeles Lakers: It was a tough week for the Lakers, as they suffered their worst loss in franchise history, losing by 48 to the Clippers on Thursday night. Kelly actually had his best game of the week during the historic loss, coming off the bench in that game, scoring nine points and adding six rebounds. Kelly averaged 5.5 points and 3.3 rebounds for the week.

Shane Battier, Miami Heat: In the Heat’s four games this weekend, Battier scored four field goals. Battier didn’t fill up any part of the stat sheet this past week, and didn’t add much of scoring or rebounding in the Heat’s losses against the Rockets and Spurs.

Kyle Singler, Detroit Pistons: Singler didn’t play especially well in the Pistons’ first two games, scoring seven and eight points against the Rockets and Knicks respectively. Singler did finish off the week with a strong performance against the Bulls, scoring 16 points and adding six rebounds.

Austin Rivers, New Orleans Pelicans: Rivers scored a season-high 19 points in the Pelicans’ loss to the Clippers. Rivers also played a season-high 30 minutes in the loss to the Clippers and in a loss to the Suns.

Eliot Williams, Philadelphia 76ers: Williams had a decent week overall by his standards, averaging 4.3 points, 2.0 assists, and and 3.0 rebounds, as the 76ers dropped all four of their games.

Shavlik Randolph, Phoenix Suns: The newest member of the Duke in the NBA contingent, Randolph was signed by the Phoenix Suns this week with Miles Plumlee hurting. Randolph is averaging 3.7 points and 2.7 rebounds in his first three games with the Suns.

Share and discuss “Duke in the NBA: Redick, Plumlee, Henderson all hurting” on social media.