Duke in the NBA: Elton Brand thrives for struggling Hawks

Miles Plumlee, Phoenix Suns: The Suns may have won both of their games after the All-Star break, but Plumlee did not play particularly well offensively in either of them. Fouling out in just 22 minutes against the Nuggets, Plumlee scored just two points, although he did manage to grab eight rebounds. Plumlee then scored just four against the Celtics, but added eight rebounds and three blocks.

Mason Plumlee, Brooklyn Nets: After competing in the Rising Stars game during All-Star weekend, Plumlee found himself back on the bench during the Nets win over the Jazz on Wednesday.

Gerald Henderson, Charlotte Bobcats: Gerald Henderson did a little bit of everything as the Bobcats swept their home-and-home series against the Pistons. In the first game he scored 12 points and added seven assists, and in the second game he scored 11 points and grabbed eight rebounds.

Josh McRoberts, Charlotte Bobcats: McRoberts had one of his best offensive weeks of his season this past week, lighting it up from beyond the arc. McRoberts made eight of 13 threes—a 61.5 percent clip—and averaged 14.5 points in the Bobcats’ two wins over the Pistons. He also averaged 7.5 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game.

Elton Brand, Atlanta Hawks: Brand had his best game of the season, grabbing his first double-double of the year in a loss to the Wizards. Brand scored 20 points on 7-for-11 shooting and added 11 rebounds. The Hawks need Brand to keep this production up as they find themselves in the midst of a seven-game skid.

Carlos Boozer, Chicago Bulls: Boozer returned from the All-Star break in fine form, scoring 15 and grabbing 10 rebounds in a win over the Nets, and then following that performance with a 20-point, eight-rebound effort in a win over the Raptors.

Mike Dunleavy, Jr., Chicago Bulls: Dunleavy did not shoot the ball well in the Bulls' only game since the All-Star break, scoring just two points on 1-of-6 shooting. He did however help in other areas, grabbing 11 rebounds and recording a steal and a block in the Chicago win.

Luol Deng, Cleveland Cavaliers: Amid rumours that the Cavaliers were shopping him at the trade deadline just months after arriving from Chicago, Deng played relatively well in the Cavaliers' two wins this past week. Deng averaged 15.0 points and 3.5 rebounds.

Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers: Fresh off his All-Star Game MVP performance, Irving led the Cavaliers to two easy victories over the lowly Sixers and Magic. Irving averaged 18.0 points per game, 5.0 assists, and 4.0 rebounds in the two contests, as the Cavaliers have now won seven games in a row.

JJ Redick, Los Angeles Clippers: Redick continues to be sidelined with a hip injury and will now miss between three and five weeks. Jamal Crawford will continue to start in his place for the Clippers.

Ryan Kelly, Los Angeles Lakers: Ryan Kelly returned to the starting lineup in the Lakers’ loss to the Rockets, and scored 13 points to go along with three rebounds and three assists. He did however shoot poorly, making just four of 14 field goal attempts.

Shane Battier, Miami Heat: Battier shot the ball a near season-high eight times in the Heat’s trampling of the Thunder, but made just one of those eight shots. Battier also scored two points in the Heats’ win over the Mavericks, but added three rebounds and three assists.

Kyle Singler, Detroit Pistons: With the firing of head coach Maurice Cheeks, Singler has found himself in the starting lineup for the Pistons at shooting guard, making him one of the largest shooting guards at 6-foot-8 and 230 lbs. Singler did pretty well in his starting role this past week. Averaging 11.5 points in the Pistons’ two losses to the Bobcats.

Austin Rivers, New Orleans Pelicans: Following an 0-for in a win against the Bucks, Rivers had a very solid game in a losing effort against the Knicks. Rivers poured in 14 points on 60 percent shooting in the loss.

Eliot Williams, Philadelphia 76ers: In the 76ers’ lone game of the week, a loss to the Cavaliers, Williams had a very solid game, scoring 10 points and adding five rebounds in 23 minutes. It remains to e seen how the Sixers' flurry of deadline moves effect Williams' playing time.

Share and discuss “Duke in the NBA: Elton Brand thrives for struggling Hawks” on social media.