The key three: Duke basketball vs. Florida State

Head coach Mike Krzyzewski will go for his 900th win at Duke at noon Saturday when his No. 18 Blue Devils welcome Florida State to Cameron Indoor Stadium. Here are the keys to what would be a landmark victory:

Make Them Feel You

Duke's current three-game winning streak has been sparked by aggressive play on the glass and off the dribble. The Blue Devils were competitive on the boards against Virginia—posting a minus-three margin—but outrebounded N.C. State by three before destroying Miami, 42-28 on Wednesday night. Against the Hurricanes, Jabari Parker pulled down a career-high 15 rebounds, and the Blue Devils scrapped for 15 offensive boards, creating extra opportunities. On the offensive end, Duke has been more aggressive in attacking the basket—Parker in particular—attempting 56 free throws over the past three games. Okaro White is a huge factor for the Seminoles on both sides of the ball—getting the forward in early foul trouble could be disastrous for Florida State.

Emulate Virginia

Why would the Blue Devils want to take a page from the Cavaliers' book after they beat Virginia last week? Nobody else in the ACC has had the antidote for beating Florida State. The Seminoles are 4-2 in conference, both defeats at the hands of the Cavaliers and both by 12 points. Virginia had great offensive balance in both contests, as four Cavaliers notched double-digit points in each game. Virginia also blitzed the Seminoles in the first half, heading into the locker room with double-digit leads in both games to give themselves breathing room for the second half, when Florida State played much better.

Slam the Door Shut

It took Duke three second-half collapses to learn its lesson, but the Blue Devils are no longer letting their collective foot off the gas when they create a double-digit lead. After faltering against Notre Dame, Clemson and Virginia, Duke buried N.C. State and Miami in the second-half, squashing any thought of a comeback. The Blue Devils were able to do that in last year's 79-60 triumph in Tallahassee, and will need to replicate that no-mercy mentality against a scrappy Seminole squad Saturday.

Share and discuss “The key three: Duke basketball vs. Florida State” on social media.