HALFTIME: Duke 34, Pittsburgh 32

It's a frigid night here in Pittsburgh, but the Blue Devils are waging a fiery battle against the Panthers inside the Petersen Events Center. Duke heads to the locker room with a 34-32 edge. Jabari Parker leads the way for the Blue Devils with 16 points and five rebounds on 6-of-13 shooting.

Here are some observations from the first half:

• The Blue Devils shook things up in the starting lineup, starting Tyler Thornton and Rasheed Sulaimon in favor of Quinn Cook and Matt Jones.
  • The Oakland Zoo has been loud in the first half, relishing their first opportunity to host Duke as a member of the ACC.
  • Jabari Parker came out aggressive for Duke, pouring in 16 first-half points on 6-of-13 shooting. The rest of the Blue Devils are 6-for-16.
  • At times it seemed that the Panthers were controlling the boards, especially on the offensive end, but the halftime rebounding battle is only an 18-17 advantage for Pitt.
  • 3-point shooting has been a strength for both teams, as the teams traded buckets from beyond the arc down the stretch in the first half. Both Parker and Rodney Hood are 2-for-4 for Duke, and Andre Dawkins is a perfect 2-of-2. Pitt hasn't shot triples in the volume that Duke has, but has made the most of their looks, knocking down 3-of-4 from distance.
  • Pitt's leading scorer, Lamar Patterson, managed just four points on 1-of-4 shooting, but the Panthers got key contributions from Jemel Artis and Cameron Wright - 15 points combined - to stay in the game. Patterson has also committed four of Pitt's five turnovers.

Share and discuss “HALFTIME: Duke 34, Pittsburgh 32” on social media.