Duke in the NBA: Both Plumlees have career weeks

Miles Plumlee, Phoenix Suns: Plumlee scored a career high 22 points in the Suns victory over the 76ers on Saturday, as Phoenix continues to be the most surprising team in the NBA this season. Plumlee averaged 11.3 points and 9.8 rebounds in four games this past week, and if he keeps his performance going he could find himself in contention for NBA’s Most Improved Player.

Mason Plumlee, Brooklyn Nets: Mason also had a week to remember, as he recorded his first career double-double in a loss to the Spurs, scoring 15 points and grabbing 13 rebounds in a career high 38 minutes, as the big man is trying to prove he deserves more minutes in Brook Lopez’s absence.

Gerald Henderson, Charlotte Bobcats: The Bobcats may have gone winless in all five of their games last week, but Henderson continued his solid play. Henderson averaged 16.8 points during those five games, with his best performance coming against the Hawks, where he scored 22 points to go along with his five rebounds and four assists.

Josh McRoberts, Charlotte Bobcats: McRoberts had a season high nine assists in the Bobcats loss to the Hawks last week, as he continues to show why he is one of the best passing big men in the league. For the week he averaged 8.0 points, 4.4 assists, and 5.2 rebounds per game, all right at his season averages.

Elton Brand, Atlanta Hawks: With the injury to Al Horford, Brand now finds himself in Atlanta’s starting lineup—a remarkable turnaround considering he started the season completely out of the Hawks’ rotation. Despite being placed in the starting lineup, Brand’s minutes and production haven’t really increased, as he averaged 4.7 points and 2.3 rebounds per game this week.

Carlos Boozer, Chicago Bulls: This week, Boozer followed up an impressive 21-point, 10-rebound game in a win over the Grizzlies with just a four-point, five-rebound performance against the Raptors. For the Bulls to stay in playoff contention without Derrick Rose, they are going to need more consistent play from Boozer.

Luol Deng, Chicago Bulls: Luol Deng returned from a recurring Achilles injury that kept him sidelined for the past five games, and played pretty well. Deng went for 16 points and four rebounds in a loss to the Raptors, and followed that up with 14 points on 50 percent shooting in a win over the Celtics.

Mike Dunleavy, Jr., Chicago Bulls: Dunleavy found himself back on the bench with Deng’s return, but surprisingly had his best games of the week coming off the bench. Dunleavy scored 13 and 11 points in the two games with Deng, and shot and impressive 60 percent through those two games.

Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers: Cavs fans had a big scare this week, as Irving underwent an MRI on his knee following the Cavs loss to the Pacers on New Year’s Eve. Luckily there was no damage to his knee and Irving remains day to day. Before the loss to the Pacers, Irving had put up 32 and 27 points respectively in losses to the Celtics and Warriors. Surprisingly, the Cavs snapped their seven-game losing streak in Uncle Drew’s absence, as they took down the Magic.

JJ Redick, Los Angeles Clippers: Redick remains sidelined with a broken right hand and torn ligaments in his wrist. However, he did move from a hard cast to soft cast this week, and could be ready to play in a couple of weeks.

Ryan Kelly, Los Angeles Lakers: Ryan Kelly received double digit minutes in all three of the Lakers’ losses this week, as he finds himself getting a larger role with the team. Kelly played well in these games, with his best performance coming against the 76ers, where he scored seven points and grabbed six rebounds and blocked two shots.

Shane Battier, Miami Heat: Battier had a pretty amazing week shooting the three ball, making eight of his 11 attempts- a 72.7 percent clip. Battier’s best game of the week came in the Heat’s loss to the Warriors, where he scored a season-high 11 points.

Kyle Singler, Detroit Pistons: Singler had another solid week off the bench for the Pistons, as he averaged nine points, shooting a very efficient 62.7 percent from the field for the week. Despite his solid performances, the Piston’s lost all three games this past week and have lost five of their past six.

Austin Rivers, New Orleans Pelicans: After sitting out two straight games, Rivers returned to action this week, and played decently well, averaging 5.3 points on 67.7 percent shooting. Despite his efficient offensive performances, Rivers did not pick up a single assist or rebound in his 42 minutes on the floor for the Pelicans this week.

Eliot Williams, Philadelphia 76ers: Williams played a season-high 27 minutes in the 76ers loss to the Suns this past week, but was unable to get on the score sheet. He followed that up with a five-point performance against the Lakers, but was scoreless in his final two games of the week.

Seth Curry, Memphis Grizzlies: Seth Curry is definitely happy to find himself on an NBA roster to start the New Year, but is yet to see the floor in his first four games with the Grizzlies.

Share and discuss “Duke in the NBA: Both Plumlees have career weeks” on social media.