X factor: Duke football vs. Florida State

The 10-2 Blue Devils will face No. 1 Florida State today at 8 p.m. at Bank of America Stadium in the ACC Championship game. Every week throughout the football season, we'll break down a player on each team who could be the difference-maker in the upcoming contest.

Generic Script

Duke: defensive end Kenny Anunike

Squaring off with a Florida State offensive line that features three first-team All-ACC selections, Anunike will be tasked with putting pressure on Heisman hopeful Jameis Winston. With so many weapons on the outside, Duke won't have as many opportunities to bring the blitz, so Anunike's job just became a lot harder. If the Blue Devils can put pressure on Winston and force him into early mistakes, Duke could find itself putting a scare into the No. 1 team in the country.

Florida State: running back Karlos Williams

Potentially the unsung hero of Florida State's three-headed rushing attack, Williams has been a workhorse for the Seminoles this season. Entering Saturday's ACC championship game averaging a mere 8.2 yards per carry on the season, Williams also finds the end zone on 12.7 percent of his rushing attempts. Devonta Freemand and James Wilder, Jr., normally get a ton of credit for Florida State's success funning the football, but Williams could be the key. If he can get going early against the Blue Devils, it could be a long night in Charlotte for Duke.

Share and discuss “X factor: Duke football vs. Florida State” on social media.