Top 10 stories of 2013: The Phenom

As a busy year in sports winds to a close, The Blue Zone
will count down the top 10 Duke stories of 2013. Check back throughout the week as we review the most memorable moments of the year.

2. The Phenom

expectations for the Chicago native were nothing short of sky-high

Generic Script

"Jabari Parker has got a skill level that you just don't see that often. I would put him on the Grant Hill level of being able to do multiple things," said Jay Bilas, ESPN college basketball analyst and a former player and coach at Duke. "Posting up, he can play with his back to the basket, he can play facing it—he's really, really impressive. I'm going to be interested to see how Coach K uses him throughout the course of the year."

Generic Script

scoring 22 points in 23 minutes of action

Generic Script

"Jabari s play full-court really kind of broke the ice for us, head coach Mike Krzyzewski said. It was like a statement play. It made all of our guys respond better."

Generic Script

the freshman is actually human you might not have a chance to see a kid this special

Check out the rest of The Blue Zone's top 10 stories of 2013:

2. The Phenom—Jabari Parker exceeds the hype

3. The Comeback—Duke lacrosse rallies from 2-4 start, five-goal deficit to win national championship

4. The Commitments—Building Duke's monster 2014 recruiting class on the hardwood

5. The Expansion—ACC grows to 15 teams

6. The Return, part III—Andre Dawkins makes his long-awaited return to the Blue Devils

7. The Return, part II—Coach K commits to Team USA and Duke through 2016

8. The Return, part I—Ryan Kelly goes for 36 against Miami in his first game back from injury

9. The Leg—Kevin Ware sparks Louisville to Elite Eight victory against Blue Devils

10. The Pick—Sean Renfree becomes Duke's first NFL draft selection since 2004

Honorable Mentions

Share and discuss “Top 10 stories of 2013: The Phenom” on social media.