X factor: Duke football vs. Wake Forest

The 8-2 Blue Devils will travel to Winston-Salem to take on Wake Forest at noon at BB&T Field. Every week throughout the football season, we'll break down a player on each team who could be the difference-maker in the upcoming contest.

Duke: center Matt Skura

Generic Script

Some rare love for the offensive line this week on X factor. Skura will have one of the toughest assignments on the field Saturday against Wake Forest when he is tasked with taking on Demon Deacon nose guard Nikita Whitlock. Standing at just 5-foot-11 and 250 pounds, Whitlock has been a menace for opposing offenses this season despite his lack of size. Skura's ability to protect Duke's two quarterbacks and provide a push for the ground attack will go a long way to ensure the Blue Devils' offensive success Saturday.

Wake Forest: wide receiver Tyree Harris

After star receiver Michael Campanaro went down with a season-ending collarbone injury in a loss to Syracuse, Wake Forest's offense has put up just three points in its last two games. Freshman wideout Tyree Harris is second on the team with 17 receptions on the year—to Campanaro's 67. Harris will need to step up and provide senior quarterback Tanner Price with the support he needs if the Demon Deacons are to post a win Saturday and remain in the hunt for bowl eligibility. Drawing a likely matchup with Ross Cockrell or one of the Blue Devils' talented young corners, Harris should have quite the task on his hands.

Share and discuss “X factor: Duke football vs. Wake Forest” on social media.