Duke staff checks in on Reid Travis, Tyus Jones, Jahlil Okafor

Duke basketball has been regarded as the favorite for top point-guard recruit Tyus Jones for a long time, but that doesn't mean the staff is acting like it's a sure thing.

The staff visited Jones again this week at his hometown in Apple Valley, Minn., according to Adam Rowe from Blue Devil Lair (subscription required, but you can get a free trial).

Duke basketball head coach Mike Krzyzewski even hung around for some football, according to the Twitter-verse:

Twitter Tweet

The staff has been all-in on Jones for a long time, and they aren't recruiting any other point guards in the class of 2014. Duke's lone commit in the class of 2014 is guard Grayson Allen, who will likely play more off the ball.

Jones has said on numerous occasions he plans to play college ball with Jahlil Okafor, the No. 1 player in the class of 2014 according to ESPN. Though Duke has been seen as the favorites for the Okafor-Jones combo for a long time, Fox's Evan Daniels tweeted this last week:

Twitter Tweet

So ultimately, it's unclear who is actually the favorite—either because this is all a smoke screen or because Okafor actually doesn't have a favorite yet. While Duke was seen as the favorites for him for a while, his father told ESPN in August that it is not the case and people's over-speculation has taken the fun out of the process.

Meanwhile, according to Rowe, Coach K and the staff also flew out to Chicago to meet with Okafor.

The visits with Jones and Okafor came after another visit with Reid Travis, the No. 40 recruit according to ESPN. Reports of Duke offering Travis surfaced in September, after which he officially visited campus. Rowe speculates that Travis could be Duke's next commitment.

The class of 2014 is not the staff's only concern, however, as they have continued to look at the following year's players. Coach K visited Luke Kennard, a 6-foot-5 shooting guard who is ranked No. 30 in the class of 2015. You can read more about Kennard's visit on Rivals (subscription required).

Also, Charles Matthews released his list of top-10 schools and included Duke:

Twitter Tweet

Matthews, another 6-foot-5 shooting guard, is ranked No. 9 in the class of 2015.

Share and discuss “Duke staff checks in on Reid Travis, Tyus Jones, Jahlil Okafor” on social media.