Coach K talks to graduate student tenters about Beyonce, Lebron James, Jay-Z

If you're looking for the first sign of basketball season, look no further: the graduate students tented outside Cameron Indoor Stadium this weekend to get their admission for games this season. (Unlike undergrads, they don't tent or lineup the same way on a game-by-game basis)

Duke basketball head coach Mike Krzyzewski spoke to the grad students with this year's team at his side. Also probably worth noting that top-10 recruit Kevon Looney was in town this weekend for his official visit.

Here's a video (need to put the volume all the way up) of Coach K talking to the grad students. The highlight is toward the end, when he says, "If we're playing the school where you went to undergraduate school, don't come to the goddamn game" to a chorus of laughter and cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m31EtdkEJPA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

In the video, Coach K also talks about giving a speech for Lebron James at the 2012 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year award with Jay-Z and Beyonce in attendance. Jay-Z introduced himself as "Jay" with Krzyzewski saying he almost then introduced himself as "K."

After taking a picture with Lebron and Jay-Z Krzyzewski notes he's "the coolest 65-year-old," but that his real goal was to meet Beyonce, before which he was "as nervous as can be." Per Krzyzewski's telling of the story, after sweating over what he should say to her, he says, "Hi, I'm Coach K" to which she replies, "Coach, I know who you are—I just listened to you for 10 minutes." Krzyzewski said it was like she was "patting me on the head like a little boy" and makes him feel like he was 11. He then tells Beyonce "you're my favorite" with his face "as red as can be." He then asked Beyonce to take a picture with him, a picture in which he looks like he's 12, he said.

And the pictures:

Generic Script

Generic Script

Share and discuss “Coach K talks to graduate student tenters about Beyonce, Lebron James, Jay-Z” on social media.