Former CIA director to speak on security

Retired Army Gen. David H. Petraeus will speak at Duke in Page Auditorium on September 11, delivering the Ambassador Dave and Kay Phillips Family International Lecture.

Petraeus is the former Central Intelligence Agency director and commander of coalition forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. He served 37 years in the military and is now chairman of investment firm KKR Global Institute. In addition, he is a visiting professor of public policy at the City University of New York's Macauly Honors College and a Judge Widney Professor at the University of Southern California.

Peter Feaver, professor of political science and public policy and director of the Duke Program in American Grand Strategy, will host the discussion.

“General Petraeus is one of the most celebrated military leaders of our time,” Feaver said in a Duke News press release. “He has played a key role in the wars of the past decade and has the strategic vision to help us understand the challenges of the next decade. We are very fortunate to have him speak to us at this pivotal time in American national security.”

The lecture will be free but will require tickets, which can be purchased at the Duke Box Office or online starting August 27. Tickets for the Duke community will be available at 11 a.m. and for the general public at 1 p.m.

Share and discuss “Former CIA director to speak on security” on social media.