UPDATE: Devin Booker does not trim list, Duke still in contention

Update (11:00 p.m.): Despite reports Saturday morning from a Mississippi newspaper that Devin Booker had cut his list to five schools, Booker posted on his Twitter that the rumors were in fact false. The Sun Herald in Biloxi, Miss. had listed Michigan, Michigan State, Kentucky, Missouri and Florida as the five schools left in contention for Booker.

Although it is unclear where the rumor came from, the five school's listed in the erroneous report are still definitely the frontrunners to land Booker's services.

Generic Script

Booker is ranked the No. 16 recruit in the nation by ESPN. He is currently participating at the Nike Global Challenge in Washington D.C., where his USA South team will compete in the championship game this afternoon. Booker had 21 points on 8-of-9 shooting in just 13 minutes in a 130-122 victory against USA Midwest Friday.

He spoke with The Chronicle Thursday, and the soft-spoken 6-foot-6 wing said he had no plan to cut his list of schools until later in the summer.

"I'm thinking just after the summer, probably toward the end of July I'll cut it down," Booker said. "I'm not sure what I'll cut it down to, maybe eight or five. After I cut it down I'll go from there and take my time."

Booker did share some glowing words when describing head coach Mike Krzyzewski. His recruitment had mainly been handled by associate head coach Jeff Capel.

"He lets his shooters shoot, and that's what you want to see," Booker said. "You want to go to a college where shooters shoot, and that's a good look for me."

It looks like Booker will be shooting at another school, however. Michigan's John Beilein, Michigan State's Tom Izzo, Kentucky's John Calipari, Missouri's Frank Haith and Florida's Billy Donovan have all been on hand to watch Booker play this week at the Nike Global Challenge.

Share and discuss “UPDATE: Devin Booker does not trim list, Duke still in contention” on social media.