Breaking down the N.C. Pro-Am rosters

Everybody's favorite summer league is back.

The N.C. Pro-Am is set to kick off Tuesday night at the Durham School of the Arts, showcasing the top high school, college and professional basketball talent in the state of North Carolina. For Duke fans, it is an opportunity to see some of the Blue Devils' returning NBA talent showing off their skills, but also gives them a chance to see Duke's incoming freshman in action for the first time.

Here's your complete viewing guide for this year's N.C. Pro-Am. Admission to the event is free, but it's still one of the hottest tickets in town.

Generic Script

DTRL

Duke players: forward Jabari Parker, guard Rasheed Sulaimon

Others to watch: N.C. State center BeeJay Anya, N.C. State guard Trevor Lacey

Breakdown: Rasheed Sulaimon just won a gold medal for the United States at the FIBA U19 World Championship. Plus, it's the first chance for many to see freshman phenom Jabari Parker play live. What more do you need?

American Dream Leasing

Duke players: none

Others to watch: Josh Powell, Ohio State forward Evan Ravenel

Breakdown: No Duke intrigue on this squad, but Powell is an N.C. State alum who was an NBA journeyman for a few years before settling in with European powerhouse Olympiakos in Greece. Ravenel faced the Blue Devils last season at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

Generic Script

Dot's Detailing

Duke players: forward Alex Murphy, guard Matt Jones

Others to watch: none

Breakdown: Not a terribly intriguing roster aside from Duke's two representatives. But Matt Jones could be an X-factor on this year's squad as he scraps for minutes in a crowded backcourt. And after a redshirt freshman campaign that started with sky-high expectations and ended in disappointment, will Alex Murphy find a way to reach his potential?

Banks Law Firm

Duke players: none

Others to watch: forward Jerry Stackhouse, forward Quincy Miller, center Thon Maker

Breakdown: This squad could have the best frontcourt in the N.C. Pro-Am. In addition to watching an old Duke nemesis in Jerry Stackhouse and a young NBA player in Quincy Miller, keep an eye on Carlisle School center Thon Maker. The Martinsville, Va. native is ESPN's No. 2 ranked player in the Class of 2016. The 7-footer already holds four college scholarship offers, so he'll be a name to watch in the coming years.

Generic Script

Hendrick of Durham

Duke players: guard Nolan Smith, guard Quinn Cook, forward Amile Jefferson

Others to watch: Louisville forward Montrezl Harrell

Breakdown: Nolan Smith is listed on this squad's roster, but after suffering an injury last week in the Orlando Summer League, Smith will likely forego the N.C. Pro-Am in hopes of rehabbing and preparing for training camp with the Boston Celtics. Quinn Cook stayed back from the World University Games this year to gel with his Duke teammates, and Amile Jefferson has put on some serious muscle since his freshman year. Additionally, Montrezl Harrell, a Tarboro, N.C. native, has the chance to be one of college basketball's budding stars this season.

Dr. John Holt

Duke players: none

Others to watch: forward Reggie Bullock, N.C. State guard Desmond Lee

Breakdown: Bullock likely won't join this squad until the league's two weeks. The Los Angeles Clippers first-round selection should be seeing his first NBA action in the Las Vegas Summer League first. Otherwise, keep an eye on N.C. State transfer Desmond Lee, who transferred to the Wolfpack this summer after averaging more than 20 points per game last season for New Mexico Junior College.

Generic Script

Dreamworks

Duke players: guard Kyrie Irving

Others to watch: forward Jon Henson, forward Chris Wilcox, N.C. State forward T.J. Warren, North Carolina guard P.J. Hairston

Breakdown: Definitely one of the more interesting lineups in this year's Pro-Am. You align Kyrie Irving, who is the most talented player in this league, with two of the classic Duke villains, North Carolina's Jon Henson and Maryland's Chris Wilcox, not to mention the Wolfpack's athletic wing, T.J. Warren. No word on P.J. Hairston's status for the event as his legal situation continues to unfold. A back injury Hairston suffered while trying out for the World University Games could keep him out of action, and Hairston might use that as a way to stay out of the spotlight.

Sheraton Imperial

Duke players: none

Others to watch: forward Rasheed Wallace, N.C. State guard Anthony Barber

Breakdown: Anthony "Cat" Barber is N.C. State's top incoming recruit and could be one of the ACC's best freshmen in the coming season. Following a slew of graduations, transfers and departures for the NBA, the Wolfpack are left with a shell of their team from last season, so Barber could be a big piece of that puzzle. But the real intrigue here is Rasheed Wallace, who is 38 years young and just took his first NBA coaching job with the Detroit Pistons. Can Wallace still keep up with high school and college players? And better yet, how many technical fouls will he receive?

Full rosters for the 2013 N.C. Pro-Am here. Schedule can be found here.

Share and discuss “Breaking down the N.C. Pro-Am rosters” on social media.