Mason Plumlee named AP second-team All-American

Mason Plumlee's senior collegiate career ended with a loss to Louisville last night in the Elite Eight, but forward's performance was honored by the Associated Press Monday.

Plumlee was named a second-team All-American, joining Miami's Shane Larkin on the squad. Oklahoma State PG Marcus Smart, Indiana PF Cody Zeller and Kansas swingman Ben McLemore round out the second team.

No ACC player was named to the AP's first team that had: Michigan PG Trey Burke, Georgetown PF Otto Porter Jr., Indiana guard Victor Oladipo, Creighton PF Doug McDermott and Gonzaga PF Kelly Olynyk.

Virginia Tech's Erick Green, who was named ACC Player of the Year, was named to the AP's third team.

Plumlee, a 6-foot-10 Warsaw, Ind. native, posted career highs in many categories this season, averaging 17.1 points and 10.0 rebounds per game. He scored in double figures in 33 of Duke's 36 games.

Plumlee made 59.9% of his field goals and hit 68.1% of his free throws, a major improvement over last season when he hit just 52.1%.His field-goal percentage tied for third-highest in a season in Duke history.

Plumlee recorded 18 double-doubles, the 10th most in program history and was the first Blue Devil since Shelden Williams in the 2005-06 season to average a double-double.

Share and discuss “Mason Plumlee named AP second-team All-American” on social media.