Plumlee highlights five Duke basketball All-ACC awards

Mason Plumlee was selected to the All-ACC first team, as announced by the ACC Media Association, leading all players with 73 first-team votes.

Generic Script

Plumlee finished the regular season averaging 17.2 points and 10.3 rebounds per game and concluded the campaign with a 23-point, 13-rebound effort in Duke's 69-53 win against North Carolina Saturday. Plumlee led the conference with 17 double-doubles.

Plumlee's year was a marked improvement over his one last year when he averaged 11.1 points and 9.2 rebounds per game. He also hit just 52.8% of his free throws in the 2011-2012 season while finishing this regular season with a 67.2% clip.

Also on the first team: Virginia Tech's Erick Green, Miami's Shane Larkin, Virginia's Joe Harris and N.C. State's Richard Howell.

Seth Curry was voted to the All-ACC second team, Cook earned third-team marks and Ryan Kelly—who missed 12 ACC games with a foot injury—received an honorable mention. Rasheed Sulaimon made the All-ACC freshman team.

A quick look at each of those four:

• Curry proved to be among the most effective offensive weapons in the conference, averaging 17.1 points per game and hitting 43.5% of his 3-pointers, both of which ranked third in the ACC.
  • Cook was floor general of the ACC's top-scoring offense, with Duke averaging 78.4 points per game. Cook finished the season with 12.5 points and 5.3 assists per game, finishing second in the conference in assist-to-turnover ratio.
  • Kelly played in just five ACC games due to his injury, but averaged 19.2 points and 5.8 rebounds per game, hitting 64.0% of his 3-pointers.
  • Sulaimon finished third among ACC freshmen with 11.4 points per game and started 29 of Duke's 31 games. He was on the bench, however, to start Duke's final game of the regular season against North Carolina.

Share and discuss “Plumlee highlights five Duke basketball All-ACC awards” on social media.