NCAA Tournament 2013 Selection Show live blog

The time has finally come—welcome to the 2013 NCAA Basketball Tournament.

Duke is the No. 2 seed in the Midwest Region and will face Albany (24-10) in the round of 64. The Blue Devils will play Albany Friday in Philadelphia.

Here are some other notes on the field of 68 teams:

• Louisville is the No. 1 overall seed in the tournament and will be in the Midwest Regional
  • Should the Blue Devils win their first game, Duke will face the winner of seveneth-seeded Creighton and tenth-seeded Cincinnati in the round of 32
  • Kansas is the No.1 seed in the South Regional and will return to Kansas City for the opening rounds of the NCAA tournament after playing there for the Big 12 Tournament
  • After finishing second in the ACC Tournament, North Carolina is the No. 8 seed in the South Regional and will face No. 9 seed Villanova in Kansas City. A potential North Carolina-Kansas game would pit Tar Heel head coach Roy Williams against his former team.
  • Indiana is the No. 1 seed in the East Regional
  • N.C. State drew the No. 8 seed in the East Regional and will face No. 9 seed Temple in Dayton, Ohio. The 'Pack could meet the top-seeded Hoosiers in the round of 32
  • Miami—the ACC tournament and regular season champion—is the No. 2 seed in the East Regional and will be in Austin, Tex. for the rounds of 64 and 32
  • Gonzaga will stay close to home as the N0.1 seed in the West Regional and begin its tournament in Salt Lake City, Utah
  • Kentucky—last year's tournament champion—and Virginia did not make the field of 68
  • Despite beating Duke twice this season, Maryland failed to make the tournament

Share and discuss “NCAA Tournament 2013 Selection Show live blog” on social media.